Each of the sections below explains what we stand for as an employer and what you can expect when you join us.
If you want a career in a company that puts colleagues at the heart of every decision it makes and where your contribution really does help us all thrive, please read on.
- Hastings is a fast-growing and fast-moving organisation
- Currently we serve over 2 million customers and have more than doubled our customer base in the last three years
- Our vision is to protect 1 in 10 by the year 2020
- We have a history of sustainable success and clear future plans
- We're small enough to grow and big enough to compete
- We're constantly challenging convention
- We're a force for good in the insurance industry, constantly driving change for the benefit of our customers
- We're passionate about delivering straightforward service and sales to our customers
- At Hastings, we are straightforward, genuine and welcoming
- We work as a team and our colleagues make all the difference for our customers
- We have the freedom to challenge, suggest and make things happen
- We have an approachable, collaborative leadership team
- We embrace technology and a digital way of working
- We're hard working, fast paced and fun family
- We take great pride in making a positive contribution to the communities that we are a part of
- As we're an ambitious and growing family, we're constantly evolving, growing and there's huge scope for you to shape your future
- You'll have regular interaction with our senior leadership teams
- Your achievements are recognised and rewarded
- We look at all your potential and skills â€“ not just the experience in the industry
- You'll have a clear career path from the very first day, to help you develop in your existing role or move upwards
- We're big enough to invest in our people and yet small enough to spot talent
- We're committed to continued development
- We believe in recognising and rewarding a job well done
- Our pay is competitive and at the top end of our industry
- You'll have many opportunities to progress and grow your earnings
- We have clearly defined performance-related bonuses with adequate safeguards in place
- Our colleague benefits are great and you'll have a range to choose from to support your current circumstances or lifestyle
- We celebrate our team's achievements with little touches to make all the difference in the world
- You'll have the opportunity to share in the success and growth of the business
Equality and fairness
Working at Hastings, you'll be in an open, honest and fair environment. Thatâ€™s how we treat our people and our customers. Weâ€™ve worked hard and will always continue to work hard to create a positive, inclusive atmosphere, based on respect for peopleâ€™s differences. Weâ€™re committed to treating each and every member of the Hastings Direct family equally.
In line with our values, we treat everyone fairly irrespective of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, culture, religion or belief, age, disability or any other reason that can't be reasonably justified.
Through our equality and diversity policy, plus all our other policies, we make sure that everyoneâ€™s valued and treated equally and fairly, with dignity and respect.
Learning and development
We believe that our colleagues are one of our greatest assets and so we invest in providing learning and development to make sure that we're all able to do the best job we can.
You'll be provided with initial training and guidance for your role and then you'll have access to a wide range of development opportunities. If you join in a customer facing role you'll find that there is a comprehensive learning curriculum designed to support you through the five career levels. Our Learning Station is also available to make it easy for you to take ownership of your development. Itâ€™s an online hub, and a gateway to a variety of learning options that include practical workshops and zones, downloadable guides and recommended reading. You'll have regular reviews with your manager where you can discuss your development needs and get feedback on where you need to focus.
Our people make our company and irrespective of the department you're in, you'll always be recognised for your contribution. If it wasnâ€™t for your remarkable efforts and enthusiasm, we wouldnâ€™t be the successful company that we are today. We hope our rewards and benefits package goes a long way to recognise the difference you make.
As such, weâ€™ve put together an attractive, competitive salary and benefits package. This includes many core benefits that you'll receive as part of joining the Hastings family, as well as voluntary benefits such as a range of great discounts.
You can find a list of our core and voluntary benefits here.